Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday February 21st, 2013


Ask and you shall receive.

This past Tuesday I watched my two year old grand daughter Dylan for a half day. One of her favorite things to do when she comes to my house is to walk over to Glick Park across the street and play on the playground equipment.

This past Tuesday was very cold and windy. When she asked if we could go to the park I had to tell her that it would be too cold. After my simple explanation of why we were not going to the park she looked up to  me again with a big smile and said, "Lets go to the park PaPa Kent!"

I wanted to take her to the park but I knew she was still getting over an ear infection and a cold. Going to the park when it was about 30 degrees and windy would not be in her best interest. But from her very limited perspective, none of the reasons that I gave made any difference to her. She just wanted to go to the park.

My experience and judgement, though limited, is still much greater than what she has learned in her two years on this earth. I love her and her happiness is very important to me but so is her safety and health.

I am 56. God is probably a trillion or so years old. Actually the bible says He has always been so however old that is must be a real big number. I will have to assume His experience is far greater than mine of 56 years. Therefore, when I pray I accept that God loves me and wants to bless me and do what is best for me and for those whom I am praying. I am accepting His infinite wisdom.

What we think would make us complete and happy, in reality may not.  God knows everything and is in control of everything and He loves those who call on Him and Believe in Him.

I know what makes my grand daughter happy...most of the time.   And if it is appropriate, I am going to do what ever I can to fulfill her happiness.  I am going to use my very limited knowledge about this world and life and try to make Dylan's life a wonderful experience.

I have decided in my life to trust God and accept His call regarding all things in my life. The way I figure it, He knows everything about me and what makes me happy. He knows what is best for me and for those I love. Therefore when I turn things over to Him in prayer, I am trusting in His love.

I Trust and accept His decisions and His direction. What a wonderful feeling of peace that gives me. God always has my best interest in mind. As the bible says:

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Turn it over to the one who is perfect and knows all and controls all with love. Give it to God and believe!

God has a plan for your life.  See you Sunday!  Congregational meeting to follow the service.  Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment