Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday February 26th, 2013

Fear of Missing Out on Real Fun


As I continue to read the book, "not a fan" by Kyle Idleman, I came across something this morning that I have experienced myself and know that it is very true. And that is the fear, that if we totally commit our lives to Jesus...going all in for His way of life....that we are going to miss out on something.  In other words, if I commit my life to Christ the way He wants me to commit, I am going to have to give up many of life's pleasures, or as Kyle says in his book, we want what Christ has to offer but without any sacrifice.

I wanted all that Christ had to offer, but not if I had to give up certain things in my life that I "knew" would not be part of His plan for me.

Now I could start listing a bunch of activities and habits that would fit that category but I am not going to do that because if you are drawn to Jesus and His love, you already know what these things are in your own life.

The amazing thing is, when I finally decided to go all in for the Lord, I found out that I was not missing anything. In reality, I was causing myself more pain and problems when I was doing things my way.

In the book of Proverbs it says:

Proverbs 10:22

22 The blessing of the Lord makes one rich,
And He adds no sorrow with it.

I think most people would love to a live life that is blessed and has no sorrows (which I think in this case means regrets) to it. That is Gods way of living. 

I hope, through prayer, worship and a deeper understanding of Jesus, you too will come to the conclusion that signing up for the Jesus plan is not only the best way to go, but the only way to go.

Are you still writing in your prayer diaries?  
Are you still praying for your spouse, out loud every morning?  Bonni and I had a few days where we got caught up in the busyness of life and did not pray in the morning with each other. All I can say is, life is so much better when we pray for one another.  You are missing it if you are not starting your day with prayer.

God has an amazing plan for your life, get on board and find out what you are missing.
Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment