Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Finding God in your Daily Routine

It is easier for me to stay in tune with God now that I am a Pastor. But for many, keeping God in your day to day routines can be a challenge. I mean when you are in the thick of your day at work with all the challenges, pressures, and demands, it is not that easy to be meditating on God.

A thought.  We live in New Testament Times. That means the Holy Spirit lives within you.

Remember the Trinity! Make a trinity with everyone you deal with. You, God, the other person. Everyone!  Allow God to become the third person with every conversation. If you begin picturing all relationships this way, no matter what type of relationship it is, I find it much easier to hear Gods prompting in all situations.

Make yourself a conduit for Gods actions and wisdom. Tune in. God is always trying to get our attention. Allow Him to begin guiding you in all that your daily routines.

A good question to ponder. "Are you willing to do whatever God leads you to do?"
If your immediate answer is, "It depends."  You are still missing what God has for you.

I have used this example in a sermon but here is what I am talking about. When I owned a landscape company I was prompted, in my inner spirit, to but a bicycle for one of my employees children. He had  a little girl and did not have the money to buy her one.   I convinced myself that if I bought the bike,  it may cause problems with my other employees so I forgot about it...(or so I thought!) That was 27 years ago and I am still thinking about it. I missed being a blessing and I missed receiving a blessing by being obedient to Gods prompting. How often do we do this?   I know in my life I have done that too many times. I let my own reasoning, which will almost always lead us away from God, interfere with the prompting of God.

The bible speaks plainly on this in this story. Here Jesus directly told a young man what to do.

Matthew 19:16-2 

Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother, and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.


You never know what God might have to say to you or me. Just be open and obedient.

Hope to see you this Sunday. God has a great plan for your life. Listen closely and then begin the journey.  Love, pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment