Thursday, April 25, 2013

God and Insurance

This Sunday we will be looking at the insurance and investment industry, which is my back ground, and what it has taught me about peoples beliefs and God.  So bring your calculators and your portfolios and lets have church!  OK I'm just kidding, no calculators or portfolios just come with an open mind and an open heart.

It never ceases to amaze me how God can and will use all of our experiences to move His agenda forward. God has a master plan and all of us are in this plan. I think we all fit into one of four categories within this great plan.

1.) Some are cooperating with Him and playing their roles the best they know how.
2.) Some are still trying to get with the program and figure out what the plan is about and their role in it.
3.) Some are not even aware that there is a master plan.
4.) Some are doing whatever they can to mess up the plan. (which is futile)

When it comes down to it and you look at these categories there is only one place that makes sense if you are a Christian and that is to move up to the first spot. To cooperate with God and play our role to the best of our ability.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone after a week off and am also looking forward to hearing the Gospel quartet lead our worship.

If you have struggled with your faith especially in light of the the Boston Bombing and other tragedies recently, I think this Sunday is going to be very helpful. Each of us has developed an idea of who God is. I am going to show you how the investment and insurance world helped me get a better understanding of my beliefs about God.

Hope you will join us Sunday at 6:30.  Love, Pastor Kent


No comments:

Post a Comment