Monday, May 20, 2013

Thought for Monday



Here is something to tumble around in your brain today. This is a very important question that demands an answer.

"Is your relationship with God THE most important thing in your life?"

Because it is impossible to live a blessed life without God!

This weeks schedule:

Tonight musicians practice at 6:15

Wednesday.....Are you stuck? Struggling?  Need answers?  Prayer meeting 6:30 in the sanctuary.

God is in control of everything!  He also has a plan for anyone willing to surrender their priorities to His priorities!  Oh that may take some thought.

Q. You mean I have to give up my priorities to serve God?    
A. You bet!  It is the only way His work will get done.

Q. But what if I don't like the assignment he gives me?
A. Thats the crazy thing. I think more people miss out on Gods blessing because of that thought than anything else.  That is the very reason it took me so long to completely surrender my life to Gods plan. I thought that I could never be happy being a pastor. It just didn't fit into my plan.  I delayed my blessing for years and instead continued to struggle with life because I was going to do it "My Way!"
Completely surrendering to Gods plan is the only way you will ever be truly fulfilled and happy.

Q. If I surrender my life completely to God, does that mean I'll have to give up what I am doing now?
A. Maybe?  I don't know what God has for you and you won't either unless you completely surrender every area of you life to Him. You give Him complete authority over all things.

Q. That sounds too crazy, too radical. I mean I have worked a lifetime to get to where I am and enjoy all the fruits of my labor. Why would I want to give all that up, it just doesn't make sense!
A. Well, first of all who said anything about having to give up everything? It sounds to me that you have become very attached to the "things" of this world. Exactly what Jesus said not to do. Surrendering every area of your life to God means you are willing to go, give, or do what ever God directs you to do.  That is where the blessing is found. In complete obedience. Here is the fact of the matter. God loves you more than you can possibly imagine. What ever He asks you to do, you can bet will ultimately bring you the greatest blessing.

Give it up to God and start living!     Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment