Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Two Thoughts

I have two thoughts about what hinders my walk with God. Maybe you can relate.

This comes after an amazing presentation given by Steve St. Pierre, the former owner of the toy store in town, this morning at the mayors prayer breakfast.  Steve and his wife and his children sold everything they had here and moved to a rough part of St. Louis to start a ministry called Restore Saint Louis located at 1142 Hodiamont Ave. St. Louis Mo. 63112

I cannot begin to capture the spirit that Steve shared this morning but it was and is an amazing story and really got me thinking.

Here is my conclusion of why more of us including myself don't go all out for Jesus.

1.) We think we know better than God what is best for us.
2.) We are too comfortable.  I'm not sure if these two are in the right order.

Have you ever noticed that when you get real comfortable, you don't want to change?

OK that sums it for me.  How about you?

So now I'll ask two very important questions for you to kick around. I threw the first question out last week on one of the blogs.
1.) How big of a blessing do you want to become in this world?
2.) What's stopping us?

Love, Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment