Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lord, If You will just tell me what you want me to do!

How many times have you asked God that question?  I know I have many many times.  God if you will just tell me exactly what you want me to do, I will serve You to the best of my ability.

If God were to put you in that kind of assignment, could He trust you to handle it?  Are you really ready to go to the next level of faith with God?  Do you remember this story?

On the night before Jesus' crucifixion, Peter said to the Lord, "I'm ready to go with you both to prison and to death!"  In response, Jesus warned him, "The rooster will not crow today until you deny three times that you know Me." (Luke 22:33-34).

God also knows the limits of your faith. He knows what you can handle.  We can often have a higher estimate of our faithfulness and trust in God than we should. God is never fooled. He always matches His assignments with our character and faith in Him.  So trust Him. Don't insist that God put you in a position you think you should have. Don't strive to gain a position you think you deserve or can handle. That could lead to your ruin.  Rather, trust Him and obey wholeheartedly where He has put you, and watch to see where He leads next.

The above is just a sample from the book, "Experiencing God" that I hope to use as a bible study. If you are interested in how to get to know God better this is a fantastic book.   Let me know if you would be interested in meeting to discuss this book as a bible/book study.

In the mean time, just know that God loves you and is in control of all things.  But also realize that His will will always be done. The question is, "Will it be done with you and thru you or without you?

See you soon.  Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment