Friday, June 7, 2013

The Jesus Experiment "Corrected Version"

As I was reading the Scriptures this morning something came to mind. I want to  challenge you to try something that I think will change your life in a very positive way as it has for me. I call it the "Jesus Experiment."

The New Testament is loaded with teachings that just sound irrational and kick human nature right in the head.  Example:

  • Love your enemies
  • Pray for those who persecute you
  • Humble yourselves and you will be exhalted
And there are many many more. So here is the challenge. Once each week I am going to post a scripture that I am going to call the Jesus Experiment. The objective will be to practice that particular scripture that week every single day! The scripture we are going to start with is:

Philippians 2:2-4

New Living Translation (NLT)
Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

Carefully meditate on this scripture and decide what it means to you. Then, everyday for the next week put the teachings of the scripture into practice. Every time a situation arises in your daly life where this scripture would apply, do your very best to put it into practice.

If you join me in this weekly experiment in a year you will be practicing 52 Bible teachings. Trust me your life is going to change for the better. Far too many Christians in this country are learning the "concept" of Christianity instead of practicing Christianity.

God has a plan for PCF and your life.  Get on with it!   Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment