Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Jesus Experiment Week 2

Ok I know most of you probably had a hard time remembering to practice what I call the Jesus Experiment.  That's ok. God is patient and loving and caring...thank God!   I wonder if it's ok to thank Him for being Him?

As a quick reminder. It is my intention as your pastor to bring all of us, including myself, into alignment with God and what Jesus taught.  Because when you align what you believe with the truth of God miracles happen; like having deep inner peace in all circumstances.

I found in my own experimentation with doing what the bible says even when it makes no logical sense, is when my life began to radically change for the better. So here is this weeks Jesus Experiment verse. Read it. Think about it. Pray about it and then apply it!


1 Thessalonians 5:15-18

New King James Version (NKJV)
15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


Another Thought
Mowing the lawn is therapeutic for me. Usually I have long conversations with God as I mow. This past week as I was mowing a parable of sorts came to mind about the power of the Holy Spirit.  Imagine if you will getting your lawn mower out and pushing it over the yard as if you were mowing except you didn't start the engine. You do exactly the same work, it takes the same amount of time and effort but when you get finished, the grass looks exactly the same as before you started.  Why? Because you didn't start the mower. No one in their right mind would intentionally do that, especially in this heat.

But this is exactly what can happen to a church that tries to operate without the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit. A church body can build a wonderful sanctuary, develop numerous programs, and go through all the motions of "having church" but if it is not being lead by the Holy Spirit, peoples lives will remain the same. They will come out exactly how they came in. What's the point?

Something to kick around.    Love Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment