Monday, June 17, 2013

Three Words That Changed Everything For Me.

This past weekend I had the honor of officiating my first wedding. What a great blessing it is to be able to share such a special occasion in peoples lives. I'm not sure about everyone else who attended that ceremony but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the celebration as much as the bride and groom.

I had several people ask me the afternoon of the wedding if I was nervous.  Imagine that, asking the pastor if he is nervous before a wedding.  I think word got out that this was going to be my first wedding as a pastor.  But my answer was no, I was not nervous because I do enjoy the peace of God.  Now I'm not sure if I will have this peace 100% of the time for the rest of my life, but I can tell you that I pretty much enjoy this peace every day.

So what is my secret?  My secret is found in the following three words:

I trust God!

It is that simple. I have read and studied the bible and many many books about the bible and I have come to the conclusion over the years that:

1.) God is real, alive, and well.
2.) He is in control of absolutely everything.
3.) He loves me and always has my best ...ETERNAL... interest in mind.

Ok that's about it.  Pretty simple.  That's my secret.   Hope to see you all soon.  In the mean time it's up to.  Do you really really trust Him?

Love,  Pastor Kent


No comments:

Post a Comment