Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Holy Spirit is Speaking

I have been bothered and prompted to clarify what I tried to say in a post I made on August 1st. Here is a copy of that post,

"My guess is that there are many people today who have misguided ideas about what it means to be a Christian. As a matter of fact I bet there are many Christians who have misguided ideas about what being a Christian is.  Hey, I may be one of them! 

But there is something that I do believe gets lost in all our preaching, teaching and doctrine. And that is, "It is not what you know that will get you to heaven, but Who you know!"  It's really that simple.
It's about a relationship. A close, loving relationship with "The way, The Truth, and The life!

The Holy Spirit will not leave me alone about this post so let me clarify and correct my statement.  It definitely does matter what you know about God and Jesus and what Jesus taught. My intent was to say that having a close intimate relationship with Jesus is vital to opening the doors to Gods Kingdom but one must also have knowledge of His teachings to be able to be effective for His Kingdom here and now.  So I stand corrected. It is very important to me that I listen to the Holy Spirit so that I can become an effective pastor. None of us can be an effective Christian without the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes my desire to help people find the reality and power of God is so powerful that I run ahead of the Spirits prompting and that is never good. 

I pray that this, what appears to be a gloomy Saturday morning, turns into a glorious day for you and those you love.

The truth of the matter is, if you could get into a jet plane and fly up high enough above the clouds, the sun is shining brightly right now. So even if your life circumstances may seem gloomy at this moment know that above that gloom is the bright shining love of God. He is here. He has a plan for you and for me. But we must take the time and the energy to tune in.  I will be posting a special Sunday edition tomorrow since we will not be gathering. But know this, you are loved, God is real, there is a plan for you and our beautiful little church, and you have the ability to become "powerfully significant" in someones spiritual growth. 

A prayer of faith for today. "God, please help me to hear your voice. Let me experience the joy of being able to be your messenger to someone who has a need that I can fill. Fill me with your Holy Spirit so that my Spiritual eyes and ears will recognize the path you have for my life.  In Jesus name, Amen.

See you soon, Love Pastor Kent







No comments:

Post a Comment