Friday, August 23, 2013

The Jesus Experiment Continues

To contemplate for this week:

Revelation 3:20

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

This story reminds me of when Jesus met Zacchaeus. You can read that story in the New Testament in Luke 19:1-10.  Zacchaeus was a tax collector.  Tax collectors were despised by most of society because they were know to be greedy and dishonest and worked for the Romans. But Zacchaeus knew in his heart that Jesus was someone different. Someone special. So he made it a point to be where Jesus was and he climbed a sycamore tree so he could see Jesus as he passed by. To Zacchaeus' surprise Jesus noticed him and said these famous words, "Zacchaeus, come down from that Sycamore tree, for today I must stay at your house." 

Jesus will come to anyone. The key is making yourself completely available to Him. Climb a tree if necessary, do what ever it takes but make yourself available to Him!

This Sunday we will come together to make ourselves available to Him.  I will be sharing real life examples of people who made themselves available to God. People who heard His voice and acted on that prompting.  We will also hear a very moving testimony of how the power of God can dramatically change a life, even when from all outward appearances, there is no hope!

See you This Sunday at 6:30 Esic Church.  Praise Choir will be singing. It will be a feast.

Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment