Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Just another Tuesday?

I've decided to make this Tuesday become one of the most important Tuesdays ever. Because I am going to challenge myself and others to begin a new era of thinking of what the body of Christ, which is more commonly known as the church, should look like, and what it should be doing.

Some are not going to understand it, at first, but I will be able to explain it biblically.

Imagine this, a body of believers who gather and anonymously begin impacting the world for Jesus.
Lets come together and allow Jesus to take over all the we do.

Jesus said something that has been ringing in my ears ever since I read it many years ago,

Matthew 6:1-4

Giving to the Needy

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.


We want what God has for us, but we always want it on our terms. But God says:

Isaiah 55:8-9


“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts

Something new is on the horizon for PCF!  God's ways!  I don't know about you but I am ready for all that God has for me! 

Hope to see all of you soon,  Next service October 6th, 6:30 in the Sanctuary.
Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment