Monday, October 21, 2013

Great Question

This past week I had someone ask me a great question. This person asked me if there was ever a point in life when you absolutely know for sure exactly what God wants you to do?

My honest answer is........no.  Surprised?  I have what I call Holy Spirit promptings and tugging in my heart about things in life. It's kind of like having an internal compass that gives you a direction. But many times it seems to be a general direction more so than a specific direction. This always leaves room for the enemy to move in and create doubt, confusion and paralysis sometimes keeping us from doing anything.

But to me, here is the bottom line. Even though I may not be 100% exactly sure what God wants me to do, this I do know:

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”


Matthew 28:20
20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”


Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 14:16-17
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.


Have a great Monday.

Love, Pastor Kent



No comments:

Post a Comment