Friday, December 27, 2013

Last Sunday of 2013

What will you do on the last Sunday of 2013?  When ever I do a funeral or a memorial service one of the things I always think about is "When was the last time?"

I wonder about about the last time the deceased mowed their lawn, had a piece of chocolate cake, saw a sunset or heard a flock of geese flying over. I wonder about the last time they had a cup of coffee and a doughnut, or caught a bluegill, or put gas in their car.  All just ordinary stuff one may do in life yet there will be a last time for everything we do.  There will be a last time we see someone, and a last time we tell someone we love them.  There will be a last time for all things for all of us here on this earth.

This Sunday will be the last Sunday in the year 2103. I will be talking about a parable from the new testament. With Gods help I am hoping to see Praise Community Fellowship impact more people in more profound ways this year.  I think we are already off to a great start.

There is also another thing I think about regularly when I see a new baby. I think about the first time of everything that little child will experience. The first time they see and smell a cow, the first time they taste a pancake or cool aid. I wonder what their first day of school will be like or their first visit to a zoo.

Our young church is full of possibilities just like a young child. Our lives as a church family will consist  of first times and last times. I hope you will join us on this journey. The more I study and read the more I find out just how little we know about God and all He has for us. I think religion has put most of us into such a small box that we cannot even imagine what life would be outside that small box.

I am asking all of you to help me break out of the small box this year. Let's do something radically wonderful for the love Jesus.

Hope to see you this last Sunday at 6:30 PM.  Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment