Friday, January 31, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday

Just a reminder that due to a scheduling conflict with Esic Baptist we will not be meeting at 1:00 this Sunday as originally announced. So, because of all the super bowl activities I have cancelled the service this Sunday.  Please get the word out to those who do not receive this blog. I know some of you have been inviting guests so make sure they are informed that this coming Sunday there is no service.  We will resume next week at the regular time 6:30.

This past Wednesday at the "Garden Club" gathering Gary Daniel shared this statement with us.

"When I'm depressed I'm living in the past, when I'm anxious I'm living on the future, I need to stay focused on the present."  

I think this is a wonderful statement especially when we stay focused on our connection with God in the present.  Asking ourself our mission statement as a question, "Am I living my life as a demonstration of Jesus' Hope, Love, Forgiveness, Compassion, and Healing right now in this moment?"

See you soon.  Love, pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment