Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Power of Prayer

As A pastor I get called on to pray frequently. There is something that I think we as Christians need to understand about prayer. It is a powerful tool. As a matter of fact it is so powerful I am convinced that is why the enemy has made prayer seem so trite, unimportant, and passive to most of us.

Let me make a confession to all of you. There are times I don't feel like praying. There are times I don't want to pray. There are times when I will come up with 100 more important things to do rather than pray. Then I realize why.

Prayer is powerful. Your prayer is just as powerful as my prayer. All of our prayers together become an extremely powerful force in Gods plan. Prayer doesn't require eloquent words, as a matter of fact sometimes there may not be any words that come to mind. Prayer is seeking God with a honest heart.

Never fall for the trap of thinking that your prayer really doesn't matter.  It matters! It is important! God can and will work with us through prayer. So, will all of you receiving this please pray with me for the following:

Dennis Detoye           Healing Peace
Gary Daniel               Healing Peace
Cynthia Bastholm      Healing Peace
John Fagala                Healing Peace
Allen Cassens            Healing Peace
Elizabeth Adams Marks  Healing Peace
Gerry Godin              Healing peace

If I have left someone off please forgive me and send me an email. I will include you in my prayers and add you to the next list.

Also pray for wisdom and direction for our church board as we move forward into this year.

Sincerely, Pastor Kent



No comments:

Post a Comment