Friday, February 28, 2014

What is my purpose?

Well that's one of those questions where I would have to say, "It depends on what role you are talking about. When you are at work, you have a purpose that would be different than when you are home say as a parent or as a spouse. We all wear different hats during the week therefore our purposes change with the change of our hats.  However, there is one hat we should never take off and that is our hat of being a Christian. Maybe I should call it a crown.

We should wear our crown proudly in all our roles. Our purpose as a Christian is primarily to worship God. So that raises another question.

 "If my primary purpose is to worship God and I wear my Christian crown at all times, how am I to worship him while at work or in any of my other rolls?"

Answer: "Our purpose as a Christian is to be that of a container or chalice for God's love to dwell in, and a vehicle for Him to bless the world!"  Fill your container with Gods love and allow that love to spill over into all that you do.

I certainly hope I will get the chance to see all of you Sunday however I am aware that there is a winter weather advisory out for this weekend. Keep watching the blog and I will keep you posted on the status of Sunday evenings service.

Love, pastor Kent

There are couple of special prayer requests.
John Fagala is having surgery today on his back and needs prayers of healing.
Stan Rutkowski has been moved to a care facility in Edwardsville and needs prayers of healing.
Please continue prayers of healing for 
Dennis Detoye 
Elizabeth Adams Marks 
Alan Cassens 
Faye Heuchert
Gerry Godin

No comments:

Post a Comment