Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Morning Thoughts

For years I have been involved in the music ministry. It started in the 70's when our band Storm was the back-up band for Godspell put on by an amazing young talented group at Eden Church.

For years I dreamed of someday having a church with an amazing sound system and stage where the music ministry would flourish and the mechanics of doing the music ministry would be easy. Well, God works in mysterious but glorious ways, and accomplishes what He wants accomplished in the way He can best get it accomplished.

PCF may never have a big building or a sound stage BUT I believe God is going to use us as we allow Him to use us to accomplish great things for His Kingdom and that is what it is really all about. The last time I served on the Eden church council I had an agenda.  And that agenda was to get a new sound system for the church. I took the initiative to get quotes and had a sound engineer come to the church and design the perfect system for our sanctuary. To do it right  we were looking at least $75,000.00, probably more.  But as I got more and more involved in the discussion about making my sound system agenda a reality, God spoke to my heart. He made it VERY clear to me that the money it would cost to put that sound system in would have much better uses for the children of His Kingdom who were in need.

That revelation changed my whole reality paradigm about what church should be about.  I even went to the council and confessed my agenda and what God had laid on my heart.  The whole project was scraped. And, as much as I really really wanted to take the music ministry to what I thought was the next level, I know in my heart God had spoken on the matter.

So today, 10-12 years later, Bob Ahrens and I joke with each other about how fun it is to still be lugging equipment around and having to set up and tear down every Sunday.  The reality is, we really have found it to be "kind of" fun. Right Bob?

Recently I met a few people who work for a Mega church in Colorado.  By Mega I mean about 20,000 people show up each Sunday!  Can you imagine? The guys I spoke with work as technical people behind the scenes at this church. This church has the biggest and the best, sound stage, video, lights, smoke machines, sound systems and on and on. They also have an enormous debt.  Millions in debt. So what becomes a priority?

I love PCF. I love Esic Baptist for helping PCF. Esic Baptist is the only church that welcomed us with open arms and basically gave us free reign with no strings attached. Amazing!  Simply amazing especially in this day and age.  So a huge thank you to Esic Baptist for allowing our ministry to get established and for your continued graciousness.

So what is the essence of this blog?  We are staying the course of remaining debt free. We will continue to allow God to guide us as we move forward. We will continue to work a little harder to set up and tear down, to make it work with what we have and to continue to be a blessing to those in need as God opens our eyes to where He wants each of us to get involved.

The sermon last night was given by Jesus a long time ago.  We are each called to be the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37) and to use what ever it is we have to be a blessing to who ever God puts in our path. I'll be honest, sometimes I get down. Sometimes I think we just keep struggling and maybe we aren't making a difference.  Then I come to my senses and realize that the deceiver is working his voodoo on me. So I go to God and read scripture and it doesn't take long and I snap out of it and realize that we, PCF, really are wonderful and amazing.

Everyone who attends our Fellowship should be grateful for all that we have accomplished and we should also be looking to the future with great expectancy to see what God has for us to accomplish next! Maybe we will be the Wandering Hebrews again??? Who Knows?  But where ever God leads us, let's rejoice and continue worshipping Him and blessing one another. We are blessed!   We are a wonderful family. And I feel very blessed to be part of such a wonderful group of Gods people who are willing to be different, who are willing to live their life as a demonstration of Jesus' Hope, Love, Forgiveness, Compassion, and Healing to others.  To love their neighbor as much as they love their self!   So please pray with me, "Father, let all our plans come from you.  Let all of our work be motivated and empowered by your Holy Spirit. Let your dreams become our dreams and your mission become our mission. Help us to bury all of our personal agendas, and let us always lift the name of your son Jesus up to all those who cross our path. In Jesus name, Amen!!!!!!

Love, pastor Kent


No comments:

Post a Comment