Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday Thoughts

Last night after the sermon I asked for questions and comments. My sermon was on, "God has Plan For Your Life!"   One of my comments during the sermon was, "God wants our life to be a masterpiece."  Someone made an excellent comment that God seems to give us different work at different stages rather than creating one large masterpiece or one continuous work to do. This person said she feels at this time in her life she is given to be a caregiver.  I agree. But I would also add that God wants the caregiving to be a masterpiece. In other words whatever God places in front of us we are to, through the help of the Holy Spirit, shine the light of Jesus on the task. Allow the love of Jesus to empower the task at hand.

I used several scriptures about the Holy Spirit but John 3:3 is very interesting to me.

John 3:3 "Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

What this says to me is that when we are empowered by the Holy Spirit our eyes will be opened and we will see as God sees in this world.  Our hearts will feel what God feels. And because of this awakening we will become very aware of the need around us.  We will truly "see" the kingdom of here and now that God wants to establish.  We then become the tool that God can use to establish this kingdom.

There is much prayer needed. There is much love needed.  There is much forgiveness and compassion needed on earth here and now. You and I can be used by God in mighty ways. And by mighty I mean accomplishing what God wants us to accomplish in His way and strength and when we begin participating with Him our work will become a masterpiece.

God does indeed have a plan for your life!

Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment