Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tonight

Tonights service, "What Do You Want To Build?"

I hope you will join us this evening as we prepare for chapter two in Praise Community Fellowship's journey. Every new beginning comes from another new beginnings end.

See you tonight at 6:30! Love, pastor Kent

The following is a letter from our board president Rusty Burian:

Dear friends,
Today I experienced something that touched me deeply. When I was leaving our local Schnucks store there was a gentleman wearing a VFW hat, sitting on a stool, collecting for the VFW. I dropped a donation in the container and he thanked me and handed me a "red poppy", which the VFW has handed out for many years. I thanked him for his service and asked him when he served. He told me he served in the Navy during the Korean War. I told him my father served in World War II and our son served in Afghanistan. We continued to talk about the many, many soldiers, both men and women, who have been seriously injured and the many who have lost their lives defending our freedom. He asked if my father was still alive and I told him dad died in 2005. He asked because he had the honor to assist on an "Honor Flight" with WWII veterans. As continued to talk I noticed tears falling down his face from the corner of his eyes. At that point I felt the passion and the love this gentleman had for his country and fellow servicemen. I thanked him for his service and  proceeded to my car. Next weekend is Memorial Day. It is the official beginning of the grilling season and many people will be gathering with family and friends to celebrate the 3 day weekend. Attendance is low in most churches at a time when churches probably should be full.  We should be thanking God for servicemen and women, like the gentleman I met this morning. We need pray for all the families of fallen servicemen and women and pray for the saftey of those who continue to serve.  
If you cannot attend church this weekend, please take a moment to say a prayer for our military, police, firefighters and emergency responders. Thank them for their service and pray for their saftey.

Sincerely,  Rusty


No comments:

Post a Comment