Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Know the Whole Story So You Avoid Disappointment

Yesterday I gave a way to "tune in" to God. It is not a formula by the way. It is a suggestion that will help you focus your attention on God so you can develop your relationship, hear His voice, and begin a new way to live.

Now, as you begin this Christian journey let me make you very aware of something else. Did anyone ever tell you that going to the dentist will not hurt? When children are little sometimes parent tell little white lies about things so children will not be afraid or be more compliant when it comes to things such as going to the dentist. But sometimes the little white lies can backfire.

"Honey it will be ok. The dentist is only going to look at your teeth. He isn't going to do anything that is going to hurt."  Then your child gets to the dentist and you are told a tooth must come out. Oh Oh, now what are you going to tell your child? Or "Honey there is nothing going to hurt you while playing in the ocean. Look there are lots of kids playing in the waves." Then your child gets stung by a jelly fish!  Now what are you going to say?

So let me give you a scripture or two from the bible about your Christian journey.

John 16:33
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

James 1:2
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,

1 Peter 4:12-13
12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Psalm 34:19
The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;

It sure seems to me from these Scriptures that God is pretty much telling us that we are not going to be exempt from problems and aches and pains in this world. Now I don't know about you, but I can surely attest and say AMEN to that fact. But I can also tell you that my interpretation and my reaction to my problems has radically changed since forming a relationship with God. And it comes down to what I said in yesterdays blog. I know that God is in charge of everything in my life and I trust Him completely. And I trust Him completely because I know that no matter what it is I am facing or going through, He always has my best interest in mind. That when it is all said and done, I'll be able to declare like Joseph said in Genesis, "God meant all this "Stuff" (problems, trials, heartaches) for good!"

Hope to see all of you this Sunday. 
"This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be very glad in it!"  Love, pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment