Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday, Hot Afternoon Thoughts

Personally I find great peace in knowing that God is in control of every good and bad thing that ever happens. I know now without a doubt that there is no such thing as a coincidence. Even in the smallest and what appears to be the most mundane things in our daily life, God has ultimate control.

What this means to me is that even when things appear to be the bleakest, the impossible, the worst, God knows exactly what He is doing and is allowing whatever it is that is happening to happen for a greater purpose.  Many times I think it is His way to slap us up the side of the head to get our attention.
Write this on your heart, God always has your best eternal interest in mind with everything that happens in your life.

Take a look at these scriptures:

Psalm 33:10-11 "The Lord foils the plans of the nations, He thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations."
Psalm 115:3 "Our God in Heaven does whatever pleases Him!"
Psalm 135:5-7 "I know the the Lord is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods. The Lord does whatever pleases Him, in the heavens and on earth, in the seas and all their depths. He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth, He sends lightening with the rain, and brings out the from His storehouses."
Amos 3:6 " When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble? When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it?
Acts 2:23 "This man was handed over to you by God's deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you with the help of wicked men, by nailing Him to death to a cross."
Acts 4:27-28 "Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen.
Isaiah 46:9-10 "Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God and there is no other; I am God and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times what is still to come. I say, "My Purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please!" 
Matthew 10:29 "Not one sparrow will fall to the ground without your fathers will!"

I am small, God is big!  I am weak He is strong!  Yes Jesus love you!

See you soon. Love, pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment