Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Update

We have begun our series on Worship.  For those of you who did not get to attend last evening service you can catch up online by going to www.praisecommunityfellowship.com and listening to the latest sermon on 7-13-14.

Something to think about, "Where feelings for God are dead, worship is dead!"  This is a quote from  author John Piper.  In other words if you come to church and are more concerned about the temperature of the room, the type of music, what kind of clothes I wear that don't match, then you are being distracted by the things of this world. Find Joy in the giver of all good things, God!

On another note, even though this person asked me not to say anything, I just want to mention that there is a very dedicated member of our congregation who has taken it upon himself and has made the beautiful offering box we have been using and last night, in case you didn't notice, made an amazing sound system cabinet all by hand. So Mr. Anonymous, a huge thank you for your talent, time and donation.

I also want to lift up our mission team who are faithfully distributing about 60 lunches per day as part of the TWIGS program. Another huge thank you to all the volunteers who are making this wonderful mission ministry possible. We are called to feed and clothe the poor and to take care of widows and orphans and visit those in prison.
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Our ministry is very unique. We are debt free, and willing to go and do!  Thank all of you for making PCF a special place to worship.  Hey we even have fresh home grown produce show up for the taking, thanks Walt!
 A note from Laurie Frey:
"The African Vision of Hope women's ministry team that is teaching sewing skills to the women of Zambia needs used red, yellow, blue and green Tshirts size L or XL.  They can have holes in them and writing on them...doesn't matter.  Also they need used sheets.  The catch is, these need to be collected in the next day or so.  If you have anything to donate, please text or call me at 799 8445 and I'll get them to the women's ministry team."  Thank you!     Laurie Frey

A final note: I went to the doctor today and will be having surgery this coming Friday. It looks as if it is going to be an outpatient procedure so I should be back at it in a couple of days!  

See you soon! Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment