Thursday, September 4, 2014

Are you Missing God's Answer to Your Prayers?

The Jews of Jesus' time had extensive knowledge of the scriptures yet completely missed Jesus.  How could that be?  Here is what Jesus said to the Jews of His day:

John 5:39-44New International Version (NIV)
39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.41 “I do not accept glory from human beings, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
We are still blind and deaf when it comes to spiritual things but it does not have to be that way. We have a choice, but that choice requires change. Change makes people uncomfortable. People don't like to be uncomfortable. 
I am recuperating from my surgery and a lower back injury. I have to make myself uncomfortable by exercising to get stronger. I would rather relax and rest but the longer I do that, the weaker I become. I must push, sweat, make my muscles burn, and continue to increase the "uncomfortable" zone so as to strengthen and grow.
Gods way of life is like that. You must be willing to leave your comfort zone to discover the treasure.
This Sunday, September 7th, Communion, Praise, Fellowship, and more on Prayer.

PCF youth I invite you to come to the service this Sunday with questions about prayer. I may just call on you! See you at 6:30 Crystal Garden.
See you Sunday, love pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment