Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Something Very Important!

For those of you who have gotten to know me, you know I am one who questions almost everything.  That's how I learn. I have been reading the book of Acts. Today I get this question popping into my mind and I began journaling on it.

 The question is: "What is the point of church?"

Now some of you are probably saying to yourself about now, "Our pastor does not know the point of church? Man are we in trouble!"

Well I will confess, as I have been doing for quite sometime, that I struggle with church as I see it today. I have a hard time with what appears to be literally a multi billion dollar industry that seems to be failing in so many ways. BUT…as I meditated on my questions something significant and important happened. God gave me some answers which I wrote in my journal.

I will give you what I received just a few minutes ago. And these answers, I believe, are something we as PCF need to really look into and see just how vital and important they really are!

Question: "What is the point of church?"

Answers:
1.) To provide a special place for the Holy Spirit to work with people!
2.) To give people a place to discover God!
3.) To give people a place to come to know what Holiness is!
4.) To give people a place of refuge that is different from other places in the world!
5.) To give people a place of Hope!
6.) To give people a place to practice Love!
7.) To give people a place to practice Charity!
8.) A place unlike any other where we can go with our Hurts and Brokenness when no other place will do!

I think we have our work cut out for us. PCF can be very important not only to each of us but to people we have not even met yet. There is much to do for Gods Kingdom here and now and for the Kingdom to come.  See you at church!    Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment