Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Where are We Going?

I think that is a very reasonable question for members of a congregation to ask their pastor. "Where are we going?"  I also think it is a very good question that everyone should ask themselves. "Where am I going?"

Some time ago, Jeff Wiles our acoustic guitar player, asked me a wonderful question. Right before he and his wife Christine became active in our fellowship Jeff asked me what my Doctrine was? In other words, what is the foundation of my beliefs about Christianity. What do I base my teachings on?  Jeff wanted to know about his leader before he decided to follow and I think that is a very good, healthy and intelligent way to decide where one wants to "feed!"

Let me give you an update on what my priorities are as your pastor.
1.) My top priority is for everyone who comes through our doors to meet the living God.
2.) Second, it is my desire to introduce people to Jesus and help them to get to know Him personally.
3.) Third, it is my desire to help individuals nurture that personal relationship with the living God to the point where they are living their life with complete and total confidence that God is absolutely in control of everything, and that His love for us is so absolute and complete that there is nothing that can separate us from His love and care….Nothing! And, that He is more than willing to communicate to you personally as you get to know Him better and better.

That is is it! I have no other priorities.
Question: But what about having our own place, our own church?
Answer: Having our own place would be wonderful. It would certainly make Bob Ahrens job much easier since he and Ken Winchester spend several hours each and every week setting up all the musical equipment and then tearing it down. God knows exactly where we are, what we are doing and what we need to do! My prayer is for God to grant me wisdom as to what to teach each week. I trust Him completely for our future. I live by faith.

I read somewhere a real good question about all that goes on in churches today.
The question was: "If everything we build, accomplish, and do at church can be attributed to our own effort, ideas, talent, and ingenuity, why do we need God?  To that I say BINGO! In other words maybe we are not allowing God to do what He wants to do because we are constantly doing everything for ourselves always in the way we want to have it done! Is that really honoring God?

All one needs to do is read the many stories in the old and new testament and you will see how God works in ways that man cannot comprehend. "The Egyptian army is bearing down on the Israelites, they come to the Red Sea. There is "NO WAY" to escape…or is there? The "Wandering Hebrews" are now out in the desert, they are thirsty, there is no water. Now what? Enter God and a willing servant. Hit a rock with a stick and out pours water for everyone.  God is the supplier!

Over and over God provided for His people.  Are we, PCF, His people?

I want to experience what only God can do!  Sure we could all pool our money and buy a piece of property and then start a huge financial campaign to build what "Our Hearts" desire. But what if we continue to pray for direction and then just "wait" on God? What does He desire?  I'm convinced that the reason we do not witness many, if any miracles today, is because we do not have the faith or the patience to allow God to be God. We have become self sufficient to the point that we do not need God. We can do it ourselves!

Church, as we all knew it and grew up with, is not working. People are leaving the traditional church in droves.  God desires one thing from us and it has nothing to do with a building. God wants our hearts. He wants to be THE priority, THE treasure, and THE love of our life!

I want to be part of whatever God wants to do in this world. He is the only one with an absolute plan. His plan is the only one that will succeed.

Where are we going?  My answer: "Where ever God leads us!"  I hope you will stay the course and continue with me on this journey!

Hope to see you soon. Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment