Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What has changed?

There is a very important question everyone earnestly seeking God must ask themselves, "Has my routines and daily life changed?"

Why is this question so very important? Because if you truly want the power of the Holy Spirit after you repent of all your sins and accept Jesus as your savior, your life cannot stay the same!

Why? Because the Holy Spirit will convict you of the things in your life that must change so that you can walk closer to God. And when you are walking close to God you are being obedient and with obedience comes blessing!

I have told you before there was a time in my life when I could cuss and drink with the best of them (or the worst of them!) When the living Jesus comes into your life if you curse and do things which grieve the spirit you are going to know it.
How? Through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit! There was a time in my life when I would say or do anything for a laugh, or to be the life of the party. I am now ashamed of those days.
Why? Because the Holy Spirit has convicted me and changed me. The Holy Spirit seeks to move us away from the sin in our life toward being Holy so that we can serve the living God. What once was "No big Deal" now, with the conviction of the Holy Spirit, becomes embarrassing and shameful.

That is why the question, "Has my routines and daily life changed?"is so very important.

If you are still doing everything exactly the same in your daily life then "nothing" has changed in you! When the Holy Spirit comes into your life you are still in control. In other words you still have a choice, to obey the promptings or ignore the promptings. For years I chose to ignore the promptings. Now I choose to obey the promptings.
Why? Because there is blessing in obedience! My suggestion, "Choose Obedience and watch your life change for the better!" Witness first hand the power of God!

Announcements:  
Here is an email I have received today. please read and decide if you could brighten this young girls day!

Hey Kent, I thought there might be a few people from Praise that would like to participate in helping this little girl feel Gods love at such a difficult time.     Thanks Jill

Hello Friends and Family,

Abby has a friend who is battling brain cancer.  Her name is Whitley Hedger.  She was in our girl scout troop in 4th and 5th grade. She was diagnosed in January of this year, and is showing more symptoms day by day.  The family has exhausted traditional treatment options, and her tumor is inoperable.  She is unable to go to school now, and the highlight of her day is getting the mail.  So, I put together a sign-up to see if we can send her a piece of mail (or pop something in her mail box if you live in town) everyday.

I know not all of you know her, but a simple card would go far to let her know that there are lots of people thinking about her, and praying for her.  

Please forward this sign-up on to anyone that might be willing to pop a note in the mail.


Thanks so much.
Also, our bass player Steve Klingel is getting married on November Saturday 15th at 3:00 at the Holiday Shores Marina. He and Linda are inviting all members of the PCF congregation to the wedding and the following celebration dinner but they need an RSVP so they can tell the caterer how many are coming. If you are planning on attending please RSVP today or tomorrow to lucy12055@gmail.com or call Linda at 618-541-6646. As a reminder No Gifts Please!

Prayer meeting tonight at 7:00! If you are planning on attending please contact me so I can know how many are coming and decide where we are going to meet! text or call 618-334-3575

See you soon! Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment