Tuesday, December 23, 2014

An Interesting Bible Passage for Christmas

1 Corinthians 12:3

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
This passage is not about someone just saying the words, "Jesus is Lord!" It's about meaning and having full acceptance and believe that "Jesus is Lord!" 
Example: I can go to a busy mall somewhere and go up to complete strangers and tell them I used to be a self defense instructor for the Navy Seals. Some of the people will believe me, but that certainly does not make it true any way shape or form. As a matter of fact, if I went around and continued the ruse long enough I may even start to believe it to some degree myself. However, it would become very apparent very quickly just how untrue that statement was if I were to be attacked by a burglar while others watched on. I'm sure those who believed that I really was at one time a Navy Seal self defense instructor would quickly re-evaluate and question who I claimed to be after watching me be assaulted or robbed!
Jesus made it clear that if we really accepted Him  as our savior that we would live our life a certain way. That, and "people are always watching!" Here are some of the ways that we show our genuine belief that Jesus truly is our Lord:
John 13:35 "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (this is one of the BIG TWO commandments that Jesus teaches)
 John 8:31-3231 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (In other words, practice what I have taught you!)

Matthew 7:1-29 “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

John 15:5I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 

Our lives are testifying as to who or what our Lord is. If you are like me we all have a lot of work to do.

Plan on closing out 2014 this Sunday with your church family.
See you there! Love, pastor kent



No comments:

Post a Comment