Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Too Caught Up and THEN!

I'm a pastor. It's my passion. Jesus is what I'm all about. I love talking about Him, thinking about His teachings and spend many hours reading and studying trying to get closer to Him and getting to  know Him on a deeper level. But I also live in the real world. There is laundry and business and people to call and see. There are groceries to be bought and planning to be done for all the visitors we will have this Christmas. Time slips by quickly and the next thing I know, I realize haven't really prayed in a couple of days.

So, even though I didn't really feel like it, I began praying and talking with God yesterday. I asked Him for His wisdom to help me with many things. Now here is the amazing thing about God. Here comes the…and THEN!  God moves and things happen, and after they happen I have to sit there and say, OK God, this can only be you, now what?

Here is the point. God is moving our church in the direction He wants it to go and has a great plan for us. That is all I can really say at his time. But trust me some very interesting things are developing.

I am going to remind you of something I said after our very first meeting in Jim and Sues basement on January 8th, 2012. Here is the later I sent out.

"Last night’s fellowship group aka "The Flash Mob church" was a gathering inspired by the Holy Spirit. People thru the ages have been brought together by Gods calling for many reasons. One story that comes to mind when I think about our new beginning are the Hebrew people who left Egypt and started a journey to the promised land.

I like that analogy for our group because that is exactly where we find ourselves at this moment in time. We have stepped out in faith into the unknown on a journey that promises to be exciting.  Yet, we are not sure exactly where it is we are going. One of the lessons to be learned from the Hebrews flight from Egypt on their journey to the promised land is: Listen closely to Gods prompting and direction. Pray for guidance, be patient, and watch and listen closely for the opportunities that God will show us. It was the straying from God's directions that kept the Hebrews from entering the promised land for 40 years. 

Let me share with you something I have learned over the years about praying and listening for God's direction and this is very important. " Do not have a pre conceived idea of what God wants this group to do or become!"

God's ways are not mans ways. God will, through all of us, bring into focus what our mission will be. It could be something that we have not even considered and may be something that we least expect. Whatever it is you can rest assured that it will bring huge blessings to many as long as we do our part by staying close to God’s word and the prompting of the Holy Spirit. We will talk about all his more as we move forward. In the mean time we will continue to gather to sing, worship, fellowship and listen for Gods direction. 

To everyone who attended Last night. Blessings to you, be uplifted and excited. Let love, compassion, forgiveness and healing fill all of your hearts and dominate your life. And most important, talk with God every day and ask Him for direction. He really does hear and answer, but we must keep an open mind and willing heart to know His direction.


Love, Kent"

Focus on this point, Do not have a pre conceived idea of what God wants this group to do or become!" 

It's Christmas! A time for miracles, a time for Love, a time for Reflection, a time for Forgiveness, and a time to reunite with those who we have loved, shared with, cared for, and worshipped with. This Sunday, bring those who you love. Come with the expectation of meeting the living Jesus! Something is happening even though you may not yet see it. There is a miracle baby on the way and I mean that metaphorically for PCF. Come and and be part of what God is about to unveil. Come to the manger of miracles and hope.

See you Sunday! Our Christmas service. A service of Hope, Communion, Song, Message, Love, Miracles!
Love, pastor kent


No comments:

Post a Comment