Monday, December 1, 2014

What Knowing Jesus can Do for Your Life

Monday morning about 10:30 am. I walk down the street about five houses down and knock on the back door of a person who I know will answer the door with a big smile, a hug, and one of the warmest greetings you will ever experience. Is this unusual? Not when you are knocking on the door of Betty Godin. I went to see Betty this morning to offer my condolences because her sister just lost a long battle with cancer. While I'm there visiting she gets a phone call from another relative and finds out her nephew, only 54 years old just passed away.  This year Betty has lost her husband Gerry, her sister, and now a nephew.

Betty reads her bible every day! Betty prays for people every day! Betty loves God and knows Jesus personally! Betty will not miss church because it is a top priority! Betty is filled with the Joy of the Lord!

After the phone call Betty looked at me and told me the news about her nephew and said, "You know Kent, if it weren't for the valleys, we wouldn't be able to appreciate the view from the mountain top!"

My goal in life is to live like Betty. Full of Joy, Love, Grace, Compassion, Forgiveness and a relentless positive attitude because of her faith in Jesus!  I told her I was going to put this on the blog today. What a great way to start a Monday, with someone who knows Jesus! Someone who is filled with His Joy and Peace and the Holy Spirit! It's real people, just go visit Betty Godin if you don't believe me!

Have a great Monday.

Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment