Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome 2015

A message from Jennifer Kaburick:

Can you believe it’s already time to ring in a new year? It seems like just yesterday my family was watching the ball drop on TV! Admittedly, I’m one who looks forward to this time as a reason to get a fresh start. Start eating right, get back into the habit of exercising, read my bible more, pray more. One thing I’ve missed doing in recent months and that I’m excited to start doing again is our weekly fellowship group (“The Garden Club”).   This was a group of folks who got together to simply share what God was doing in their lives. With busy summer schedules, we took a break, but I’m ready to start meeting again. Are you?

This group is whatever we want it to be and is open to anyone.  We’d named it Garden Club because during one sermon a while back, Pastor Kent had mentioned that we, as Christians, aren’t perfect, but we can look to each other for support and guidance. Just like members of a garden club who are open about challenges they might be having with their flower beds, or bugs eating their roses. Sure, everyone wants to have a beautiful garden, but sometimes things get in the way. Just like our lives. We’d love for everything to be perfect, but it just doesn’t always go that way, does it? Which is where the beauty of our Christian family/friendships comes into play. We can share in one another’s joys, but also lend support when we hit bumps in the road.  I’m open to whatever direction the group wants our meetings to go – we can have a bible study and dedicate time to certain books in the Bible, or we can have a topic to discuss, have a prayer meeting, or just leave it open to wherever the conversation leads.

Please join us at my home next Wednesday, January 7, 2015, at 6:30pm for the first Garden Club gathering in 2015.  E-mail me atjkaburick@express-scripts.com and I will send you directions to my house.
 Thanks and have a Happy New Year!
See everyone Sunday at 12:00 noon at the Crystal Garden!  A New Time for a New Year!
Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment