Monday, April 6, 2015

New Sermon Series starts this Sunday

1 Corinthians 1:27

27 But God chose the "foolish" things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
When I read this this morning, I think it explains why I am your pastor!
I want to thank many of you for inviting your friends and family to our Easter service yesterday. We are in the process of adopting 50 families into our family. Yesterday I saw several new faces I hope you all got a chance to welcome these new people. 
I hope you will all continue to pray with me about expanding God's love into the unreached people of this area. I have been talking with several of you about some very interesting ideas of how we can be more focused on getting "out" of the church and into the community. 
Jesus went to the people! Let's not forget that. The religious institutionalist want to keep people "in" the church. To me, the need seems to be greatest "outside" the church! 
PCF is a unique bulb that is waiting to bloom. Into what?  That is the question. I know we have been dug up a few times and been replanted  and I am very aware as a landscaper that that is not the best way to be efficient. However, just like when I am landscaping, I have a general vision and then modify it as I work. Look at the video I took of the waterfall and pond I built in my back yard. That beautiful feature evolved over a whole summer as I built, took it part and rebuilt it several times until it looked right to me. It took a whole bunch more effort and work to get it right, but now I have a place of beauty and peace!
I am doing the same thing with this church. It isn't what it's suppose to be yet. I, along with the board are stepping back and are going to be making adjustments, some of them probably major. 
Why? To become a powerful example of Jesus' love to our neighbors!
Why? Because I believe we need to do the very best we can at the big three:
1.) Love God with all our heart.   2.) Love our neighbor as much as we love ourself.  3.) Treat others as we want to be treated!
If you are willing to step out into the unknown, into a grand experiment of love, then I think Praise Community Fellowship may be a good choice for you.  

See you soon! Love, pastor kent


No comments:

Post a Comment