Wednesday, April 8, 2015

This Coming Sunday!



As promised, I will be starting a new sermon series. I am going to look into a term that I have had trouble with for a long time, "Religion!"

The sermon series is going to be on, "How can I be part of God's Plan?" Many of you have heard me say, "I'm not a fan of religion!" and that is still true. I guess what I am not a fan of is empty religion. Church for church sake. There is something wrong when one feels obligated to go to church! Do you feel obligated to be nice to your wife or husband? Think about that. If I'm being nice to you because I feel obligated to do so, something is amiss in the relationship. Love is something that flows out of desire, not obligation. Love is an action that lifts, promotes, and provides the environment that allows the object of our affection to blossom! Love always seeks to bless the object of its affection!

We are looking to "adopt 50 families yet this year! IMPOSSIBLE you say! Of course it's impossible BUT with God all things are possible. Last week I saw a half a dozen new faces. What did you do to welcome them and make them feel at home. Were any of the new faces sitting alone? I can answer that because of where I stand. Become very aware of new faces. These are the very people God is sending to us! It is up to each and everyone of you to love them! Welcome them! Make them feel comfortable!

We are moving into a mode of adoption which means we are looking to love people as they need to be loved. The people I'm praying for God to send to us are people with a need, just like you and me. We ALL have a need!  But the needs will vary greatly. Get their names. Talk with them. Ask them where they are from and how they found out about us. Ask them if they have any questions or concerns or immediate needs. Do they need to talk with the pastor?

How can you become part of Gods plan? Come and find out starting this coming Sunday. 12:00 noon. 800 North main Street Edwardsville, IL. Praise Community Fellowship the adopting church.
Do you need a friend?
Do you need love?
Do you need to find out if God is Real?
Are you at your wits end and don't know where to turn?
Do you need someone to just listen to you?
Come join our family. We are far from perfect, but we are willing and open to making you a part of our family.

God we thank you for trusting us to be able to love and adopt the 50 families you are sending to us! Amen!

I'm looking forward to this new series. I have a lot to learn!
See you soon! Love, pastor kent



No comments:

Post a Comment