Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Wrong Focus!


This past Sunday I began our new series of sermons on "The One Main Thing!"
The one main thing being love! Love is of God and Love is God! Therefore if we live our lives with love as our focus our life journey will become a love story.

Let me reinforce a very important lesson I have learned since becoming a pastor. For too long my focus has been on results. If "I" was not getting the results that "I"  thought "I" should be getting…notice all the "I's" then what I was doing is failing.  So I react with typical human emotions of "So why am I doing this?"  Frustration, depression, confusion all enter the picture and before you know it, life has become a stressful mess! Sound familiar to anyone else?

So I go to God and pray asking for help and clarification. Here is my answer:

Kent, your job is to "obey" me, my promptings and my teaching!  That is your one and only responsibility with me. Obey! Follow my lead, and let the results up to me!  Got it? Love, God.

That is your same message. OBEY me, listen to me, follow me!  That is what is required of you! Leave the results to me!

So how does that apply to you?  What are you getting stressed out about? What in your life needs repair? What ever that is, obey God! Trust God! Pray to God! Follow God! Do what He is prompting you to do, now! Don't let the other voice stop you from being obedient!

The one thing then becomes, following and obeying love! Because God is love. If your life isn't a daily love story, stop and tune into God!

Hope to see you this Sunday for the chili cook off! If you have a great chili make up a batch and enter it. We will also have our annual meeting.  By the way this meeting will be short and petite. It is something we must do to fulfill our tax free status. So here is the plan. Church service at 12:00 noon as usual. But it will be a shorter service. A quick annual meeting and then we have a chili lunch and all are invited.

See you soon! Love pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment