Friday, May 15, 2015

Very Important News!



1.) There will be NO church service this Sunday instead, there is going to be an outdoor church parking lot picnic. There will be food, cotton candy, games, music, and car show. Brad Joiner is cooking along with other volunteers. Everyone is invited to participate. Those interested in helping with the event can dress casually, come to the 9:00 Contemporary Service at Immanuel Methodist and then help set up and or man a table or booth at the event. 

2.) PCF service schedule is changing for the summer. Starting in June, Pastor Jackie and I have decided to share the 9:00AM service time. PCF will meet and lead worship on the 2nd and 4th Sundays and Immanuel will lead worship on the 1st and 3rd Sundays! This way there will be church every Sunday at 9:00AM. Pastor Jackie and I hope the 2 congregations will get to know one another better and that we can do some wonderful things with this arrangement. This will be the first time since we have started PCF that we are going to have regular morning worship times! We thank Immanuel Methodist Leadership for this opportunity!

3.) Ryan Stunkel gives the keynote talk for the Alton Kiwanis at Lewis and Clark Community College.  
The breakfast will be held at the Lewis and Clark Community Commons on Tuesday May 19th and will begin at 7:30a.m. with the presentation of the colors by VFW Post 1308. The ceremony will end at 9:30a.m.  For more information you can call club secretary John McDaniels at 466-3819 or Jerry Gibson at 466-0158.

4.) Sunday, May 24th, I will be addressing some of our changes that we are initiating. Please come to find out about the possibilities that lay before us! Good things are happening!

Jeremiah 29:11-1311 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

See you soon! Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment