Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Greatest Thing God ever Said to Me!



I am not a bible thumper! I'm not a holy roller! I am an ordinary guy that believes in God. So when I say publicly that God "Said" something to me I know there will be some rolling of the eyes and some "Whatever's" being said. I get that. But God does speak to us within. I think He speaks to everyone it's just that many times we cannot hear Him because we have drowned Him out with today's loud life; our busyness, our problems, our distractions, our schedules, our focus.

There was a time in my life when I was so low that it is hard to even think about. There was a time that it seemed as if there was no hope for anything ever getting better. But I continued to pray and seek God. I was mad, and many times my prayers were probably more like complaints but I persisted. Then one day when I finally got myself quieted down He spoke to me. Not out loud with an audible voice that I could hear with my ears but with a very audible voice I heard very clearly in my heart. The answer was only 2 words. Two powerful words that I hung onto. These two words were so very loud and clear that it gave me a peace that I cannot describe. He simply said, "Trust Me!" But  those two words were the very life saver I needed.

I have been reading and studying and praying this morning and I was prompted to put this answer  He gave me on the blog today because something tells me there are others who need these two words from God at this time in their life. "Trust Him!" You can. With all things.

Psalm 9:10And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

As a pastor I have one desire, and that is that you can find the same Trust and Peace in God as I have found. It is a journey. My suggestion for you is that you would seek God by just being honest with Him. And that honesty may start with, "God I don't even know if you are real, but if you are I am going to try to hear your voice. I may not be a very good listener so you may have to help me. But please, if you really exist and can hear me, I want to hear from you. I need your guidance, your peace, and I want to trust you!" Amen

Praise Community Fellowship and Immanuel United Methodist Church. Two groups of people coming together to be part of God's plan. We meet together on Sunday's at 9:00am at 800 North Main, Edwardsville, Il. 62025

Hope to see you soon! Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment