Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Change Your Life By Eliminating This Question Forever!

No matter how much I want to share what I have learned about God, I will always fall short. I am a fallen person like everyone reading this blog. I want all readers of this blog to understand that no one has all the answers or "The Truth" except Jesus. The rest of us get glimpses of the truth by praying and reading the bible. Some will agree with some of the posts I write, and some will disagree.  I can only express what He has impressed upon me. My prayer is that the posts will touch the people they were meant to touch.

Satan does not want us to have peace with God!
Why? Because when we receive God's peace, it allows us to hear His direction for our life clearly. With that in mind, there is a question that I believe satan has planted into us that destroys relationships. I believe it is "the" leading reason for divorce, jealousy and strife in the church, anger and frustration, and not being able to stay connected to the power of the Holy Spirit.

If people could eliminate this one question from their vocabulary, I believe they would see amazing progress toward experiencing more love, compassion, and forgiveness, and the Peace of God!

The most destructive question I believe a human can ask themselves is, "What About Me?"

Imagine if Jesus would have asked that question and then allowed Himself to react to it?
"Why am I being treated like this when all I have ever done is try and love, heal, and teach people about God? If this is the way people are going to treat me, the heck with with them! They can just all perish in their sin!"

Listen, if you have made the choice to be a Christian, which means you have decided to be a follower of Jesus, then you have made the choice to live your life as a servant! A servant! A servant! We are to show the world what love is. And we begin this service and love in our closest circles which includes the people in the "body" in which God has placed us. By the body, I mean the Christian family in which God has placed you, your church.

Matthew 20:26-2826 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Mark 9:3535 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”


Galatians 5:1313 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

Want to set yourself free? Lose the question, "What About Me?"  and release yourself from the poison and bondage the question stirs up within us! Learn to be a servant to one another with love!

Need to speak to a pastor?  Pastor kent can be reaches at 618-334-3575, pastor jackie at 618-656-4648. 

PCF will be leading worship this Sunday,  May 1st. There will be communion. 

Sincerely, and with much love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment