Thursday, June 23, 2016

Today's Walk With Jesus



Has anyone completely frustrated you lately? Maybe while driving, at the store, a neighbor, maybe even someone you thought was your friend? How about when you watch the political news? 
Sometimes it's enough to make a preacher cuss!

Let me give you a secret weapon that Jesus gave us! It's called praying. When ever "that" person begins to get under your skin and you feel the rattler in your behind beginning to go into strike mode, remember these words so you can begin walking in the peace of God in all circumstances.

There is no greater peace than that which God gives to those who "put into practice" the things Jesus taught us! 

Matthew 5:43-48New International Version (NIV)

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Todays prayer:

God, please forgive me for living so much of my life without you! I need help in so many ways. Please fill me with your love and your Holy Spirit so that I can be filled with you peace, your patience, and your love and compassion.  Help me when I began to feeling angry. Remind me of Jesus' words, to pray for those persecute me and who disagree with me. In Jesus name, Amen!

May the peace of God fill your day today!

2 Chronicles 7:14New International Version (NIV)
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Need to talk with a pastor?  Pastor kent 618-334-3575  pastor jackie 618-656-4648.
See you Sunday 8:45am, 800 North Main St. Edwardsville, Il. 



No comments:

Post a Comment