Thursday, June 16, 2016

Who has the Key to This Door?


Everyone is seeking the right key to open the door to their fulfillment and Happiness! 

The Key is a He! His name is Jesus. I know this will mean absolutely nothing to some who read this because your life sucks, and you have been to church, and prayed, and still you find yourself in misery! 

Well here is the deal. I have been there and do understand. Let me tell you what I found out. Having the key in your pocket does you no good. You have to put the key into the lock and turn it the correct way. 

What's that mean? Well, going to church in and of itself won't help you. Praying won't help you either unless you are willing to surrender your way of doing things to His way of doing things. It's like trying to put the key in upside down because you "know" that's "the" way it works. Read yesterdays blog. If you think you already know the truth about something, you are not going to change the way you respond, or the way you react, or the way you think. Why? Because you think you already know the truth. 

Knowing "my" truth certainly slowed my progress down with God. My problem was, I thought I already knew much of the truth. Therefore, if God was going to come into my life and help me, He would have to do it on my terms! Needless to say, that didn't work out so good. But man let me tell you. When you are ready to surrender.....look out because Jesus will come and open that locked door himself!

Matthew 7:13-14New International Version (NIV)

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Hey this Sunday is Fathers day, and we are honoring our graduating young people. We will hear from a couple of them on how God has impacted their life. Going to be interesting!

The PCF praise team will be leading worship. 

Looking forward to Sunday! See you at 8:45am, 800 N. Main Street, Edwardsville. 
Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment