Monday, August 29, 2016

It's Monday!


Too busy to be bothered!
Too much to do!
I really can't be bothered reading this right now!

I know. So does God! He loves you, and wants to speak to you in the very circumstances that are  currently stressing you out!  But here's the deal. He can only help you if you make time to have a cup of coffee with Him. Just you and Him. No cell phone, no reports, no computer, no TV, just you and Him. Try it! Not just once. Make an appointment with Him everyday and give him time. 

Yea but what do I do. I mean, what do I say? People will think I'm crazy. Plus, I really do not have time to spare! 

I know. It really makes no logical sense. As a matter of fact every instinct and reason will tell you that taking 15 minutes with God everyday is ridiculous. You don't have time now. What good could possibly come from sitting there alone somewhere hoping God is "really" going to intervene and help? All I can say is, "You will never know until you step out in faith and do it!"  But I will tell you there is one vital key to having this work for you. Here is what the bible says about this vital key:


James 1:5-8New International Version (NIV)

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.
You must believe! Great. How do I believe in something which I have never experienced? It's not easy, that is for sure. But, here is what I experienced. When you reach the point where you have no more strength, no more answers, no more solutions, to the problems and disappointments in this life, it is a good time to reach out to God and say, "Here I am God. Can you see me? Can you hear me? I really need to know if you are there, because I can't do this alone anymore. Please help me to believe. Help me to know you because I need you!"  

That is when you get God's attention. When you surrender. When you realize that the world really does not have the answers to your emptiness. That's when God can show up and become real in your life. Here is one more thing to consider. If you are reading this, maybe this is God's way of knocking on your door right now! He works that way. He offers all of us many chances to get into a relationship with Him everyday. Way too often we just miss the opportunity because we are so focused on the cares and troubles of our daily lives. Walking close to God everyday is the only way to live your life to it's fullest potential. THE ONLY WAY!

Ok, get on with your day. It's your call! 

Congratulations to Steve Porter who is now retired! Look out World!

Thank You Pastor Jackie for a great message yesterday, "Love Has No Labels!"  Very thought provoking to me!

Do you have an idea for our church that will help us demonstrate God's love? Let us know. 
Pastor kent 618-334-3575   pastor jackie 618-656-4648.

See you soon. Love, pastor kent and pastor jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment