Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Practice Walking On The Water



Matthew 14:28-31

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” 31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
Jesus calls us to trust Him in All circumstances even when things look to be impossible. The crux of this biblical story is simple, when you stay focused on Jesus, not the fear, "All things become possible!"

Easier said than done, you might add! Yes, much easier said than done, but anything that you can now do without thinking was learned thru practice. Faith can be learned and experienced with practice. "Can we really trust God?" is always the hidden question behind our lack of faith. And there is a question behind that question, which is, "Is there really a God?"

I built my faith in God by reading the bible and many many books about the bible. But my experience with faith came when I began "experimenting" with the teachings of Jesus. My first experience of "Walking on the Water came when I stepped out of the safety and comfort of my boat and  forgave some people who I didn't think I would ever forgive. I did so to see if God would come into my life in a real way. I figured if I was asking God to help me, I needed to step out onto the water in faith to see what would happen. I did, and it changed my life forever. He was real. There is peace which cannot be understood until you step out onto the water trusting Jesus.  

My ministry is simple. I want to inspire and help people discover the reality of Jesus so they can experience what "Walking on the water" feels like. It is a life style, a discipline, and it makes for an amazing journey that takes the fear out of living. So, my advice to you if you are struggling with life, "Practice Walking on the Water" and don't take your eyes off Jesus!

Announcement: Pastor Jackie and I and our respective boards have just added an important event to put on your calendars. Our two churches are going to be serving a Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday, November 20th at 12:00 noon to the families of the kids we are serving through the SAKS and TWIGS programs. This is the Sunday before Thanksgiving. We hope to serve at least 150 people and we will be accepting help for that day. We will "BE" the church that day. There will be more information on this to come!

Come join this amazing church some Sunday and get out of the boat and start walking on the water with us! Two churches coming together to expand the reality of God, and Jesus' love in our community. 800 North Main St. Edwardsville. 

See you soon. Love pastor kent and pastor jackie
Need to talk with a pastor? Call pastor kent @618-334-3575 or pastor jackie @ 618-656-4648



No comments:

Post a Comment