Friday, October 7, 2016

This Sunday....and more!


Please read the announcement at the bottom of this blog about this Sunday's service!

Todays advice, "Question Everything!"  Not as a grimacing, negative skeptic, but as one who is always seeking the smile and joy of God's truth! "What is really going on in this story? What is really being told?"

Think about the paradoxes in the bible! In the story of the Prodigal Son, one character does his life totally right and is in fact wrong while his brother appears to do everything wrong and ends up in God's favor!  Or how about this verse, "You have heard that it was said, "love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven." So let me ask you, "Is the devil God's enemy?"  If so, what do we do with the advice Jesus gave us in the verse quoted?"  I have an answer but I will let you think about this one for awhile!

I love the bible more and more because I have decided to question everything. The more that I have allowed myself to seek new possibilities, the more the bible seems to come alive and make sense to  my life. I had another revelation this week when I was questioning Him about how I could get closer to Him in my everyday life. This is what was given to me, "I am already fully available to you at all times and in all circumstances! It is not a matter of getting closer, it is a matter of allowing yourself to hear and understand me and then acting on my promptings and instructions!" 
It is so true! I am the temple of the Holy Spirit, the problem is, too often I keep the door locked! The temple door should always be wide open which means to leave myself vulnerable. Who might come in? Or, what might God say through me? Am I willing to risk the possibility that having an open door just might make life a little adventurous or uncomfortable, or maybe even a little scary? 

Open the door!
Let loose!
Seek Peace!
Seek Joy!
Walk in Love!  And let God lead you in all circumstances. Enjoy the new adventure!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
This Sunday we will be meeting in the Journey's Inn room behind the kitchen in the lower level of the church. Not in the sanctuary! Pastor Jackie is going to have a more intimate service "in the round" with pumpkin Bread and coffee as she speaks of the meaning of the stoning of Stephen from the book of Acts. 

Hope to see you there. Love pastor kent and pastor jackie.
Worship time 8:45am Sunday
800 North Main Edwardsville


No comments:

Post a Comment