Monday, December 26, 2016

Every New Beginning.....


One of my favorite lines in a song comes from the song "Closing Time" by Semisonic. 
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end!"

That is where we find ourselves this time of year, closing out the past year and ushering in the new. But those lyrics are true throughout our lives. In this life, things have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Our life and the lives of all our loved ones and friends, Marriages either because of "till death do us part, or divorce, Our careers, The Holiday's, Our Youth, Vacations, Family gatherings, every thing has a beginning a middle and an end except for one thing, God's love for us! 

You have heard it said, "You only live once!"  That saying has two different meanings depending if you are a believer in Jesus. If you are without faith, then yes, you only live once. It is here and now! You better make the most of it!  But, if you have faith in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus, the saying, "You only live once!" takes on a whole new meaning. Yes we only live once,  and it is forever! 

You may say, but what about death? Yes, we will experience death, but to the followers of Jesus, death is a transition not an end. We worship a God of restoration. Jesus came to give us a glimpse of what that restoration will be like. He came and healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, made the crippled whole, and even raised people from the dead. So, as you face things in this world which will come to an end, here are some words from the creator and the restorer of all things!

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.






1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.





Psalm 56:3-4  
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?





Romans 8:38-39


For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.






I am working on a big idea for our church. I'll have more to come soon! 




2017 Calendar

  • January 1 One Service Darla McFadden in Concert 10:00am
  • January 8             PCF
  • January 15           IUMC
  • January 22           PCF
  • January 29           One Service IUMC
  •  February 5           PCF
  • February 12        IUMC
  • February 19        PCF
  • February 26        IUMC
Hope to see you all soon! Love pastor kent


No comments:

Post a Comment