Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Where Have I Been?


I know that my blogs have been few and far between the past few weeks. The above picture is why. I have been rehabbing a house in Alton for our youngest son Brett, who is moving back from Mobile Alabama. He just graduated and is heading back home to start his adult life. 

I think the above picture is representative of many of our lives, "Under Construction!"
There is so much to do! 
It's a mess!
Will it ever come together?
I keep running into unplanned obstacles!
Time is running short!

It's life! It's like becoming a Christian. You have an idea of what it is all about, you think you are on track, and then bang, there is a setback. How will this mess ever be a nice living space?

One hour at a time. Step by step. Getting frustrated and nervous and worrying does not help. I rely on the expertise of my contractor, youtube leaning videos, and trial and error. 

I hope I will see you at church this Sunday. There will be special music, a special message that will include more about all this, and most important there will be all of us coming together to help one another with our projects. The project of life. There are a lot of experts at our wonderful little church. We have members who have been through what you are going through. They know what it is like no matter what it is you are facing. Come and get some advice and love.  You are welcome here! Jesus is our contractor. He knows what and how. He has seen it all. Your project is not going to surprise him!

Praise Community Fellowship will be leading worship this Sunday. Come and see what this crazy loving family is all about. Two churches coming together under one roof to share the love and message of Jesus! 8:45am located at 800 North Main Street Edwardsville. 
Praise Community Fellowship and Immanuel Methodist.  Pastor kent and pastor jackie.

Hope to see you! Bring your project!
Love pastor kent



No comments:

Post a Comment