Monday, February 6, 2017

What Is The Biggest Thing God Has Done For You?


Someone asked me once, "What is the biggest thing God has ever done for you?"  My first response was, " You mean besides sending Jesus to offer me eternal life?" Wow, that is a good question. Because once you get to know Him, you realize that every good thing in life has been supplied by Him. My children, my family, my friends, my ability to see, hear, taste, feel, smell, experience. All are great blessings. 

James 1:17  "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

When I look back over my life in the light of this scripture, I have a whole lot to be thankful for. But if I had to answer the above question and narrow it down to the biggest thing God has ever done for me I would say it was taking away my fears. Fear of death, fear of illness, fear of loss. He took it away. 

I now live without fears because I know that I can trust Him even though I know this life is temporary and that there are no guarantees offered by this world in this life. There are however guarantees that God gives to us. God offers us Eternal Life! And not just any old eternal existence but eternal existence in a perfect, non corruptible body with no disease, no pain, no sorrow, no jealousy, or anger. Just eternal love, and joy and peace in a place called Paradise!  

Are you struggling with this life? Get to know Jesus. His promises are real because He is real. I know Him. I know what he has done for me and what He can do for you. Call on Him. Ask Him to make Himself real to you! That is how my journey with Him began over 40 years ago.

Sincerely, pastor kent

Needs:
Alexis will be going back home this week. Because she is still not able to drive, we will need a few volunteers to get her daughter Audrey to preschool over the next week or so. Audrey can be dropped off at the Allison Cassens YMCA child care next to Eden village sometime between 8:30 and 9:00am and will need a ride back home around 4:00 to 4:30 Pm. If you can volunteer for a spot please call Alexis at 618-972-0468. 

Prayers: 

The Daubenspeck and Rives family, continued healing and God's comforting spirit.

Alexis Tharp, continued healing.

Delores Fisher, continued healing from her heart surgery.

Mary Knapp, continued healing.

Preaching and worship schedule:

February 12th      IUMC
February 19th      PCF
February 26th      IUMC

March 1                Ash Wednesday – IUMC

March 5th             PCF        Communion
March 12th          IUMC
March 19th           PCF
March 26th           IUMC

April 2nd                PCF        Communion
April 9th                 IUMC

April 13th              Maundy Thursday – IUMC
We are still working out Easter.  Worship time is 8:45am Sunday morning at 800 North main Street Edwardsville.
If you have prayer requests or other concerns please call the church office at 618-656-4648. 

See you soon. Love pastor kent and pastor Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment