Thursday, June 22, 2017

Update on Last Post

Be still and Know that I am God!

I want to update this post because I left off another member who will be needing prayer and that is Darlene Hanks and Stan Rutkowski's mom Bonnie Rutkowski who is having brain surgery Monday 6/26 at Barnes hospital. This surgery is to recoil a 2014 aneurism and she will need a second surgery in about a month to treat another aneurism.  Please add Bonnie to your daily prayers!

Dear church family this has been a rough couple of days. I am going to update you on some news and information so that we can unite in prayer and allow God's love and healing mercies to come amongst us.

Yesterday I was notified that Kerry Baugher's younger brother Jack, age 54, died unexpectedly Tuesday evening at home. there will be a visitation Friday, June 23rd at  Jones Funeral Home 3rd and Indiana, Tamms Illinois, 62988 from 4:00 -8:00pm.  Please keep Jenny and Kerry and their family I your prayers.

Today I got a call from Gary Watson and Cathy, his wife,  has been diagnosed with breast cancer. They are running tests at Barnes today and we will know more soon.

Stan Rutkowski continues to suffer from compression wounds and will need to have another surgery soon.

Last Sunday I was talking more on the subject of Why Church? Why God? Why Jesus? and Why the Bible?

The church can be it's best when church family members are going through difficult times. We unite, we rally, we pray, we help, we listen, we do, we walk together, love together, cry together, conquer together.  That is "Why Church!"

Jack Butler is on our prayer list as he continues to heal from his heart surgery. 
Dave Heart is in hospice care.
Gladys Wilkening, Joyce Koenig's mom who is still undergoing cancer treatments.
Bonni Burns-Schuette continues to heal from her broken leg. 

Joshua 1:9-10 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Psalm 27. The Lord is my light and my salvationwhom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 119:76May your unfailing love be my comfort according to your promise to your servant.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 116:1-2. I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me,  I will call on him as long as I live.

John 14:26-27 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubledand do not be afraid.

See you soon! Love, pastor Kent

Church office 618-656-4648

No comments:

Post a Comment