Monday, July 10, 2017

Fear Not



Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

One of the biggest downers in life is fear. When you have fear, you cannot blossom into all that God has for you. Do have any of these?

Fear of death
loss of health
growing old
pain
loss of wealth
loss of relationships
not belonging
travel
flying
not belonging

John 10:10

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Fear can be diminished and eliminated as your relationship with Jesus grows. We trust people who we become friends with. If a stranger comes to my door and asks me for my car keys, I would have a whole bunch questions before that would happen. On the other hand, if one of my friends or family comes and asks me, I would hand them right over, (in most cases)😇.

The difference in my actions is based on relationship. The better the relationship, the greater the trust and the greater the benefits.  I know people in this church family that I could call on day or night and ask a huge favor, and these people would would not hesitate. I had a member say this very thing to me this past week when I called for a favor. This is the response I got, "Kent, if I am in town and available, the answer is always yes!"   The answer is always yes, I'll be there, I will help, I will do, I will give, I will participate.  It is a trusting relationship. That person knows I won't take advantage of their kindness and generosity. God, is our loving father. But, too often we have a broken distant relationship with Him. We don't really trust Him or His promises found in the Bible simply because we have not spent the time to develop a trusting relationship. 

How can you develop a trusting relationship with God?  Read this story in the Bible, it holds the key. Turn around and begin walking toward Him and He will run out to meet you! 


If you need pastoral care or prayer requests please call the church office at 618-656-4648.

Fear not, says the Lord!  See you soon. Love pastor kent




No comments:

Post a Comment