Wednesday, October 25, 2017

This Sunday!


Praise Community Fellowship will be leading worship this Sunday Oct. 29th at 8:45am.  We will be walking in the circle of God's blessings as I look at more evidence from the Bible that shows us that God want's to open our spiritual eyes so that we can see clearly the path to the blessings He has for our life. 

Our New Website
Our new site is up and running. We will be adding more features and continue to modify and change things as we move forward. One of the points the new website stresses is that we are not a traditional church. We do not meet every Sunday and that we are a volunteer organization that meets to connect with God and help those in need. Our Website

True Story
For years now I have been walking in God's peace. Sometimes you don't realize how wonderful things are until you lose something. Last week I lost God's peace because of a mistake I made. It hit me like a ton of bricks. One moment life couldn't be more peaceful and the next moment I was in deep distress. I paced, I hurt, I worried, I walked, I prayed, and then realized that the only thing I could do was to go to the Bible and started reading the Psalms. As I read, I struggled to stay focused because of the stress but I continued to read and pray. I read for about 1/2 an hour and I will tell you it was a struggle to keep reading but I forced myself to continue. Now some may say what happened next was a coincidence or the result of other actions that were put into place over the situation but I will tell you the problem was completely resolved as I was reading and praying. Would the same result have appeared if I hadn't been reading the Bible or praying? We will never know, but my peace returned. There is nothing like walking in God's peace! Seek it like a fine treasure. God's peace is found in the circle of blessings. You must be walking toward God to enter His circle of Blessings!
More on this Sunday!

Your Prayers are Needed
Trevor Rallo, is a young man with a brain tumor who will be having brain surgery this Thursday at Barnes Hospital. Trevor is a good friend of Lydia Bertels. 
Faye Heuchert had her back surgery yesterday the 24th. She will be at Barnes for 3 or 4 days for recovery. Brad says she there were no surprises and surgery went well.
Pastor John Shear, Jackie's husband. healing grace for diabetes complications.
Cathy Watson  continued healing from cancer!
Emily Norris, continued healing and God's direction and peace!
Linda Cassens, continued prayers for healing!
Stan Rutkowski, blessings and healing
Brad Fultz,  cont. healing and God's direction and peace!
African Vision of Hope, God's blessing to open hearts for continued support and direction!
PCF and IUMC, God's direction and wisdom
Beverly Farm, prayers for God's blessings, protection and wisdom for the managers and staff

The Annual Hot Dog Giveaway
Once again we will be sponsoring the Free Hotdog Giveaway at the Edwardsville Halloween Parade on Oct. 31st. We meet at Barb Joiners Law Office around 5:30pm. We invite everyone to come and get in on the fun but it is advised that you come early with a lawn chair and find parking somewhere near Barbs office because parking at her office is extremely limited. The Joiner Law Office is located at 116 West Street across from the old High School Tennis courts. 

Praise Community Fellowship and Immanuel United Methodist. Two churches meeting together as one spiritual family. We meet on Sundays at 8:45am at 800 North Main Street, Edwardsville. 

See you Sunday! Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment