Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday February 4th, 2013

Take away points from yesterdays sermon.


  • God answers prayers in a way that will guide you to accomplish His goals on this earth and for His Kingdom to come.
  • Every Christian who is earnestly seeking God and His direction for their life is in "process." Don't get discouraged while you are in process. Trust God and become aware of all the subtle changes and coincidences that may be occurring in your life. These could be the beginning to Gods answer to your prayer. The "process" is usually not pleasant. I likened it to marine basic training though I have never been through marine basic training I hear it is quite tough. God must train and equip us to be able to do the work he has planned for us. The bigger the job, the tougher the training.
  • I told you that 35 years ago I prayed to God that I wanted to become pastor of a church. A big church! In about a week I got a call to teach a 2nd or 3rd grade Sunday school class. Had I not chosen to step into that subtle answer, who knows where I would be today. It has taken God 35 years to bring me to this point of being pastor, AND I am still in process. The answer to that prayer is still in process 35 years later.
  • All Christians who sign on with God will be in process their whole life!
  • God wants you to be able to complete the unique plan He has for you. Yes He has a unique plan for everyone! The Key is surrendering to His plan. 
  • How do you surrender to His plan?   You must get to know Him by reading the bible and praying. Then you must make a commitment to surrendering your wants and desires to His wants and desires. That is when life gets interesting real fast!
  • There is too much work to do for Gods Kingdom for any practicing Christian to think that Gods plan for their life is to accumulate wealth so their life can be easy! Refer to Luke 12:16-21 and Matthew 19:16-30
  • Here is what I have experienced in my life, God always answers my prayers but most the time He does so not by changing my circumstances, but by how I perceive my circumstances.
  • God goes all out for those who are all in!
God does have a wonderful plan for your life. You may never discover it unless you come to know Him personally by spending time with Him. I suggest you try to tithe your time to Him which would amount to about 1 1/2 hour per day. It is only then that we can learn to hear His promptings His still small voice that speaks to our spirit.  The more time I spend with God the more I understand Him  and what He wants me to do for him. You are never too young or too old to pray the second most life changing prayer you could ever pray. The first being the salvation prayer, the second being, God I surrender myself to your will, your plans, and your desires for my life. You can have all of me!

 Sincerely, and with love, Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment